September 2, 2007

Our Carnival Vacation


My husband & I went to Mexico aboard Carnival cruise lines. We had a GREAT time!! I have celiac disease, which is an intolerance to wheat and gluten. For those of you who don't know, gluten is in almost everything. I can't eat pasta, pizza, cookie dough ice cream, donuts, waffle cones, gravy's, or wedding cake! I can buy wheat free items at the health food store. They cost three times as much and usually don't taste very good. I just figured I would have to eat plain meat, veggies & salads. Oh no, the dinning room staff wouldn't hear of it! The chef made me special food every night!! I had bread, chicken noodle soup (I haven't had in years), pasta alfredo, and special deserts! They even made our table creme brulee specially because I asked for it! My food was worth the cost of my ticket alone!! My husband takes a medicine that needs to be refrigerated. We had a small refrigerator in our room even before we sailed out of port! I highly would recommend a Carnival cruise to anyone. We were treated like royalty the whole time!!

No comments: