April 12, 2012

Tatum's Tips

Hello lovely ladies! As the newest intern at Promised Hearts, I wanted to take this time to introduce myself so you can get to know me a little in case you see my face at your wedding or event in the near future. First of all, my name is Tatum Dyke. I am originally from the Dallas area in Texas, but relocated to Havelock, North Carolina about a year and a half ago. I have been married for four years to my amazing husband, Eric, and we have two daughters, Peyton (3), and Haylee (due in July). My husband is in the Marine Corps, and Havelock is the third place we have been stationed in his five years as active duty. So far this is our favorite place, and we hope to be able to stay here for as long as possible.

I became interested in wedding planning when I was about 16 years old. I never thought my dream could become a reality because of the hectic and busy lifestyle we have chosen to live. However, last year I stumbled upon a wedding and event planning class, and I knew it was my chance to take the first steps in achieving my long-term goals. I was overjoyed when I saw that Promised Hearts was offering internships for this year. Being an intern is getting my foot in the door, and will teach me everything I need to know in a hands-on environment. One day in the future I would love to start my own company, and possibly even own my own venue, but until then I am more then happy learning the ins and outs of the wedding planning business with Promised Hearts. Every little girl dreams about her wedding most of her life, and I want nothing more than to be a part of that perfect day.

Now that you know a little something about me, I want to give you my first piece of advice: Why brides should hire a wedding planner! Personally, this is something I think is very important, but most brides today don’t even look into it. Today’s bride wants to be money savvy, and probably thinks she can tackle the entire planning process by herself. While this may be true for some women, others will become overwhelmed and stressed out by the ordeal. If you feel like the latter is referring to you, don’t worry! That is exactly where people like me come in! The biggest jobs of a wedding planner are to keep you in budget, handle all of the details with the vendors (the best vendors in the area, of course), coordinate the timeline, run the even on the day of, and most importantly, make sure all of the stress is off the couple so WE can be the planners and YOU can sit back and be the bride. Making sure you enjoy your big day is my number one goal for each bride, and I strive to make that happen with every wedding I am part of.

I hope you enjoyed Tatum’s Tips and be on the look out for more in the weeks to come!

Tatum Dyke

No comments: